Today, Haldor Watches of Slovenia opened pre-orders on IndieGoGo for its first product, the Abissi 1000m.
This robust, Swiss made diver starts with a top-grade ETA 2824-2 movement. This 25 jewel automatic has a smooth 28.8k bph vibration rate and Haldor guarantees out of the box accuracy of approximately +4 seconds per day.
This unit is housed in a 45.5mm 316L stainless steel case sealed to withstand 1000m (3300 feet) of water pressure. It has all the goodies one expects in a deep water tool watch including a 4mm thick sapphire crystal with anti reflective coating, a large (7.5mm) screw down crown, C3 SuperLuminova, and a helium release valve.
The 120-click, unidirectional timing bezel boasts a Zirconia ceramic inlay with engraved indexes. Zirconia is a silica-free, acid-resistant, polycrystalline ceramic that has no amorphous silica glass component. It is intended to be exceptionally durable, and highly attractive to boot.
Its angular case design recalls 1970’s vintage dive watches. I particularly like the steep lugs and long crown guards. This chiseled motif is repeated in the link bracelet and locking, push button clasp. The case back features a pressure suit stamped in high relief.
The Abissi 1000m will retail for $815 USD and pre-orders start at just $545 USD including international shipping.
See HaldorWatches.com for more.
• Case Material: 316L Stainless Steel marine grade
• Case Diameter: 45.5mm (excluding crown)
• Case Height: 15.5mm
• Case Length: 57mm
• Lug Width: 24mm
• Crown: 7.5mm screwed down
• Crystal: 4mm thick sapphire, AR coated inside
• Bezel: 120 click unidirectional with Zirconia (ZrO2) ceramic inlay (engraved indexes)
• Helium Release Valve: 9h position
• Swiss SuperLuminova C3: on hands, dial and bezel 12h dot
• Water Resistance: 1000m/3300ft, officially certified by Swiss test laboratory
• Movement: Swiss Made ETA 2824-2 Top Grade, 28.800 bph, 25 Jewels
Photos courtesy of Haldor Watches