If you liked the Trintec Zulu-07 Pro concept but could not get past its massive square case, then you should head over to Kickstarter and check out the new Zulu-01 CoPilot. The new watch shares the 07's instrument style dial, sapphire crystal, screwed-in strap bars, and 200 meter water resistance but houses them in a more wrist-friendly round case.
Rest assured, Trintec has not wimped out with the CoPilot. The new watch is still mighty aggressive. The case is 42mm wide, 54mm long and 15mm thick. Thick, curved lugs and a black 43mm bezel further enhance its significant wrist presence. The watch is available in either matte black PVD or sandblasted finishes, and will ship with a black rubber strap and a black nylon Zulu strap. It is still a big, tough brute; it just happens to be more portable than the 47mm 07.
The movement is the Seiko NH35A, a reliable 24 jewel automatic with a 21.6k bph beat rate, and hacking and hand winding capabilities. The Seiko also helps keep the cost down. Trintec expects the CoPilot to sell for $425 USD, but early backers can get on board for as little as $179 USD.
I really enjoyed the 07 Pro, but the combination of a more conventional case and attractive price makes the 01 CoPilot a tempting proposition. For more information, see the Trintec Zulu-01 CoPilot campaign.
Photos courtesy of Trintec Instruments
· Stainless Steel Case with Sand Blasted Finish
· Solid Wrist Pins with Real Screws
· Screw Down Case Back
· Seiko NH35A Hacking Movement with Date
· Sapphire Crystal AR Coating
· Water Resistant to 20 ATM
· Precision 120 Click Unidirectional Ratchet Style Bezel
· Super Luminova on Dial and Hands
· Date Display
· Alloy Movement Holder
· Screw Down Crown
· Silicone Rubber Band with Additional Black Military Style Watch Band
· One Year Warranty
· Watch Dimensions: 42 mm x 42 mm (1.65 in)
· Bezel Diameter: 43 mm (1.7 in)
· Distance Between Lugs: 22 mm (0.9 in)
· Watch Case Length: 54 mm (2.1 in)
· Thickness: 15 mm (0.6 in)
· Weight: 120 g